Monday, October 20, 2008

Frusteration

Yeah, well, I am rather...upset. My dad has not let me see Anita for a very long time, because he thought she was a bad influence. Well, over the summer he tells me that he was reconsidering it, and that he would probably let me hang out with her again. I got my hopes up.  So now I want to go hang out with her and her friend Rachel on friday, and he's saying that he doesn't want me around her. And I brought up the fact that he said, that he was rethinking that. And he said that was before I "went to maranatha bible camp, and became the good little devout christian girl." Kay, first off, when he said that, it made me kind of angry. I don't know why, but it did. He said that he doesn't think it would be good for me to be around anita now, cause she will bring me down, or something like that. He said it was his obligation as a parent to keep me in check with that. I know that he means well, and I appreciate it, however, I disagree. I think that wether something is good for my faith or not is something I work out between me and God. I choose to not have an accountability partner right now, plus, in all honesty, he shouldn't talk much either. He is always swearing, and saying mean things about people he doesn't even know. And I live with him. Anita doesn't really ever swear around me now, and she respects my decisions. Plus, she's changed alot lately. Really, though, it feels that my youth pastor John is more of an accountability partner. He's very encouraging, and he would know wether or not what I'm feeling is justified, or simply out of anger. I'll have to ask him Wednesday. 

No comments: