Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inner Controversy with one of my Teachers

So in Bible we are talking about the church right now. And my teacher is now touching on a subject, and I don't necessarily want to say it's a touchy one, but my teachers approach isn't very...favorable, to me. 
We've been talking about speaking in tongues.  Now, I personally believe that one can speak in tongues. I also go to a charismatic church, so it's something I'm used to, am comfortable, and even embrace. But my teacher is basically saying that it can't be done. My friend can speak in tongues, so she wasn't very happy with what he was saying. He says that speaking died out in the bible times, and all he says is, "In the bible it says..." but never says where in the bible. Wouldn't that be sort of...necessary? You can't just tell people some thing is in the bible. In order for someone to really believe you, I think a specific reference is needed. He NEVER says where. He also states that speaking in tongues is really just jibberish, and isn't real. Well, I completely disagree. It feels that my teacher is very narrow minded.  It's quite annoying, and I need to figure out how to approach this. Many other students that I know are also frusterated with his opinions, and me and my friend, who speaks in tongues, are both rather offended. He was also shooting down (in his own way, not out right completely) that healing services, and the miracles, can't happen. It's really making me aggravated. 
On a brighter note, I'm STILL writing my songs. But these two are taking forever. On one I can't get the right chords, the other I can't the right words. I need my friend from Marantha. 

No comments: